Sunday 14 September 2014

Christmas Come Early



 Happy Sunday Morning!

It's time for a new Crafting When we Can Challenge and the theme is Christmas come early, 
we had images from Inky Impressions to play with and I chose these super cute Merry Kiss-mas Penguins, and this is what I did with it.


I used the following Spectrum Noirs - 

Body - IG1, IG2, IG4
Face - FS2 + blender
Jacket/Dress - TB1, TB2, TB3. HB1, HB2, HB3
Feet/Beaks - GB1, GB3



I chose these colours as I had some fabulous papers from Pink Gem Designs that I was itching to use, and instead of a card I decided to make one of my favourite boxes incorporating an easel card.





You can find a fabulous tutorial for this box card here.
Joani has done a fabulous tutorial with very clear instructions that is easy to follow, so I'm not even going to attempt my own!






I have made a matching box for this easel box card, I use a simple formula when making a box:
size + depth + depth = base
size + depth + depth + 1/8" = lid

I made my box 4 1/2" square, using my formula I cut my card 7 1/2" x 7 1/2", then scored * 1 1/2" on all four sides to make the base of my box, Then for the lid I cut my card 7 5/8" x 7 5/8" and scored the same *1 1/2" on all four sides.

 * if you want a deeper box add accordingly to formula at this point.






I've decorated my box and added a wrap with matching bow and gift tag.


and Taaah Daaah - finished project.




I've entered my project into the following challenges,

Crafty Girls Challenge - anything goes #26
Fussy & Fancy - Challenge 122 -  more than one fold
crafty hazelnuts christmas challenge - Silent Night #194
Christmas Stamping All Year Long - Challenge #27 Non Card Project
Digitally Sweet Challenge - #105 Charming
Outlawz Thursday Challenge - Anything goes



Thanks for stopping by, I hope you like it.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...